Thursday, April 23, 2015

The Perfect Number of Bikes is X + 1

Where x = the number of bikes your currently own. 

Every year Bike and Build pairs up with Giant and BoKoo Bikes to provide free bikes to all of its participants.  Once riders hit a certain percentage of their fundraising goal, they receive a glorious email with directions to ordering said bike.  While I have had the box for a few days, this afternoon I finally had time to put it together and did so in record time, without directions.  It helps that last spring I built several hundred bikes for work.

I saw a couple of people put together a time-lapse video of the entire process last year, so I decided to do the same.  Make sure you stick around for the end of the video because I have a new incentive scheme going on for anyone who donatesClick HERE for my donation page. 


Sometimes it takes a while for a name to come to me and other times it will hit as soon as I see the bike.  This year's base model for the ladies is mostly black with some light blue accents.  Coming from the land of the Ravens, I decided to name my bike Edgar Allen Poe, Poe for short.  The next step will be to get pedals, a bike fitting and probably a new saddle. 

1 comment:

  1. 1) Go Em! You are such a rockstar.
    2) I wish I could find a doctor-y job that was full of bike building (although I would never hire myself for that kind of thang...) hehe
    3) At first I read your fundraising page as just "I loathe Cliff Bars and Blue (Gatorade)," and I was like wuuuuuut.
    4) I was kind of hoping the bike would be black and purple, but that might have been TOO much Baltimore at once :P
    5) I realized Ben was kind of behind on his fundraising, so I had to split how much I donated...wish I could give more!
    6) I miss you. Let's get together soon!

    ReplyDelete