Saturday, April 14, 2012

GAP Trail, Revisited

I headed out this afternoon and picked up the Great Allegheny Passageway trail.  Thankfully we have not gotten much rain so by the time I hit the limestone portion of the trail it was much smoother than the last time I was there. 

First stop on the trail was the Pump House of the Carnegie Steel Company's Homestead Works.  Here lies one of the bloodiest battles in American labor's history and the events which took place at the Pump House lead to the 1892 Homestead Strike and Lockout. 

One day I will actually be in a picture with my bike

The Pump House is the building on the left

One of the things I am excited most for this summer is being able to see trains.  Since I was a kid I always loved watching them, especially when our dad would take us to the diner and we could sit at the counter and watch them go by. 




In Boston I made a quick stop in a a gift store to grab a Gatorade and a homemade chocolate peanut butter chip cookie!  The store was a part of a B&B and in the gift section I saw this apron and thought of Mer. 


I even got to test out a new Element Bar - Two thumbs WAY WAY up for the Banana Repair bar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment