Sunday, June 21, 2015

Summer Solstice

After weeks of rain, the forecast called for a sunny afternoon.  Heading out for a bike ride to celebrate the first day of summer seemed like the perfect way to celebrate.  Three years ago when I was training for my first Bike and Build ride I frequently rode the South Side Rail Trail or the Great Allegheny Passageway.  Fast forward a few years and the two trails have been connected; I can now ride from my house all the way to DC if I wanted.

The new bike (Poe) is pretty much a replication of Bernard so breaking in the bike has not been too bad.  The trails were pretty busy around the South Side, but once I headed further South things thinned out quite a bit.  The trail has not changed much and these great statues were still in Duquesne.


Before riders meet up they are required not only to complete 300 miles on their bike, but also a long 65 mile ride.  While I have weekend warrior'ed several long rides, I figured my butt and saddle can use some breaking in.  Hopefully the weather will hold over the next few weeks and I can get in as many miles as possible before Poe is boxed up and shipped West. 

No comments:

Post a Comment