Tuesday, February 7, 2012

No Longer Sidelined!

Sadly after a freak tennis accident, I was benched for nearly 3 weeks with a bum knee.  I am happy to report that this weekend I was finally feeling back to almost normal and decided to take advantage of the nice weather and head out for a short, easy bike ride.

On Sunday, armed with my Bike PGH map, I decided to check out the south Side Rail Trail (mainly because I am going to avoid as many hills as possible until I am sure my knee is up to taking them on).  It was a short 20 mile ride, but a great one. 

Here are a couple of pictures from the ride.  I feel like there will be a lot of pictures of my bike (still nameless) to prove my existence.  There is a lot of great steel mill history along this route and hopefully on the next outing I will not be so pressed for time and will be able to stop and read more of the signs. 


Things like a train filled with tractors crack me up (yes I am easily amused).  Sadly I had biked by the clear opening by the time the tractors were close enough, but you get the picture.  


 I then got to wait five minutes to cross back over the tracks thanks to yet another train!

No comments:

Post a Comment