Thursday, March 1, 2012

PGH Skyline

Last night the weather was pretty decent (light winds and 65 degrees) so I decided to bike over to my penultimate glass blowing class. Before I moved to PGH I had been quite the bike commuter. With no car and a strong hatred for riding the metro I pretty much biked everywhere I went and sometimes would supplement with walking. Now it is a fairly short distance between my house and the Pittsburgh Glass Center (7 miles), but there is a mamma jamma hill climb. Like it is uphill the whole way.

I reasoned with myself that I would have to start practicing hill climbs so why not get a jump start now. While it was not the worst, it definitely way not a piece of cake. The best part of the climb was an old yinzer telling me I looked good as I was crawling up the hill. Thankfully I did not hit any of the lights on the way up and was able to keep my momentum going.

The weather was still super nice when we wrapped up the class so I decided to do a bit of night riding. It was great cruising down the hill upwards of 30 mph. I tootled around downtown and around the North Shore. Definitely worth the late night!


No comments:

Post a Comment