Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Build Day #11

This morning Sally had a hot breakfast waiting for us; it will be a sad day when we area in the middle of nowhere New Mexico and we are back to PB&J sandwiches and cereal.

 

From the we all piled into a variety of cars, I again driving the beast, and headed to our build site. We were all super excited to learn that we would actually be building houses. It is not that painting and sodding are not important, but when you are building you can see how much progress you have made within a short period of time. Sally's husband, David, is the general contractor so we got to meet him and his team and then get started on the build project.

 

Most of us had never framed a house, myself included, so this morning we got the brief rundown and then got down and dirty. The day flew by and before we knew it was lunch. We were so productive that we ran out of building materials and wrapped up early.


Before Picture

 

After Picture

 

The rest of the afternoon I spent outside by the pool catching up on my blog posts because as you can tell, or at least my fellow readers can tell, I was very behind.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment