Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Good Morning Jville

With a few hours to kill before I headed off to the official start of orientation, I decided to take a quick stroll down the road (with breakfast in hand) to check out the beach.

After getting super lost on my way home (for some reason I had a purple house pictured in my mind not a brown one) I made my way over to the church where we would be staying for the first few nights. The first few hours resembled the beginnings of camp where you awkwardly ask everyone where they are from, how they got to FL, etc, meet the leaders and pick up the gear you had ordered several months ago. There are a couple of people from the NY, NJ, CT area and it is a mix of people who are current undergrads, just graduated and a handful of masters candidates/post grad people.

 

The rest of the evening was pretty routine ... Going over safety and policy suff, putting on some thrown together skits and many other things that go with orientation.

 

Lights out is at 11 because we have an early, 6 am wake up call. It will be something that we will all have to get used to as that is what time we will generally have to get up to get packed, breakfasted and out the door. Tomorrow we will haven a 15 mile shake down ride. I am definitely excited to get back on my bike because it has been about three weeks.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment